Location: Fisher 230
Hours: University standard business hours or 24/7 via the http://helpdesk.udmercy.edu/.
For the personal benefit of all students, faculty and administration, ITS has arranged special pricing through a number of vendors. Those interested in exploring discounted opportunities are encouraged to competitively shop around as sometimes better deals can be located through commercial stores, warehouse stores or online. For those looking for recommendations from ITS for technology, please refer to the standards section for our preferred choice of quality products.
All acquisitions are handled directly between the buyer and the vendor. ITS has no involvement in the transaction.
- Tablet/Notebook Recommendations
- Personal purchases from Apple
- Personal purchases from AT&T (Employees)
- Personal purchases from AT&T (Students)
- Personal purchases for AutoDesk Products from JourneyEd
- Personal purchases from Catia (Engineering software)
- Personal purchases from CDW-G
- Personal purchases from Dell
- Personal purchases from EPocrates (PA students use code 521paepoc0809)
- Personal purchases from Hewlett Packard call 800.888.3224 opt4, opt1, opt2
- Personal purchases for IBM/Lenovo
- Personal purchases from Matlab
- Personal purchases from Jimi Costello Group call 248.770.1024 (various products)
- Personal purchases from Schoolworld/Logisoft (various products)
- Personal purchases from VarsityBuys.com (various products)
- Personal purchases from SPSS
- Personal purchases from Gillware Inc (Data recovery services)
- Personal purchases from Safeware.com (3rd party accidental coverage)
Free Technology Software and Resources
- Audacity is an audio recorder and editor.
- Avidemux is a free and open-source video editing program designed for video editing and video processing.
- Blender is a professional free and open-source 3D computer graphics software product used for creating animated films, visual effects, art, 3D printed models, interactive 3D applications and video games
- EventBrite is an online ticketing service that allows event organizers to plan, set up ticket sales and promote events and publish them across Facebook, Twitter and other social-networking tools.
- GIMP is a graphics editor used for image retouching and editing, free-form drawing, resizing, cropping, photo-montages, converting between different image formats, and more.
- Inkscape is a free and open-source vector graphics editor; it can create or edit vector graphics such as illustrations, diagrams, line arts, charts, logos and even complex paintings.
- LimeSurvey is a web-based software that allows users to develop and publish on-line surveys, and collect responses.
- LucidChart is a web-based diagramming software which allows users to collaborate and work together in real time to create flowcharts, organizational charts, website wireframes, UML designs, mind maps, software prototypes, and many other diagram types.
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Expression Web is an HTML editor and general web design software product by Microsoft.
- Nearpod is a web-based software that allows teachers to deliver customized presentations directly to students' devices, and allows them to interact with their classes through customized assessments. The reporting tool enables teachers to monitor individual results and analyze student progress.
- PDR-XChange Viewer is a PDF viewer that provides some additional markup capabilities, such as typing, highlighting, and notes.
- Q Emulator emulates Linux, Windows, and other systems on Mac operating systems.
- Scribus is a desktop publishing application, similar to InDesign.
- SeaMonkey consists of a web browser (SeaMonkey Navigator), an e-mail and news client program (SeaMonkey Mail & Newsgroups), an HTML editor (SeaMonkey Composer) and an IRC client (ChatZilla).
- Socrative is a smart student response system that allows teachers to engage with the classroom through a series of educational exercises, including multiple-choice, true/false and essay questions, via smartphones, laptops, and tablets.
- Video Conferencing
- WordPress is a popular content management and blogging system.